Dr. Hooriyah Mariyam - REVISION IS MUST FOR IMPORVE YOUR MEMORY

REVISION IS MUST FOR IMPORVE YOUR MEMORY



1.Hello, please tell us something about yourself. (do mention your name, graduation college, and FMGE marks).

Hi , my name is Hooriyah Mariyam , I graduated from Shihezi University China , and I scored 221 marks in fmge December 2018 session 

2. What do you think is the correct approach to study for FMGE? Only MCQ's or Theory+MCQ's?

Definitely theory with mcqs. First study theory then practice mcqs

3. When should the preparation ideally be started?

I started my complete exam oriented preparation 6 months before the exam .. I joined a coaching center and studied their notes thoroughly and REVISED each subject multiple times and also practiced mcqs. While in China I made sure I cleared all my concepts and made my basics strong

4.Please list the books you studied for each subject.

I only studied the notes from my coaching center and practiced mcqs from fmge solutions .. honestly I did not refer to anything else .

5. Have you attempted FMGE previously? If yes, what did you do different this year that lead to your success.

No , this was my first attempt

6. How big is the role of practice and revision while preparing for FMGE and how much time should be dedicated for it?

All I can say is the biggest secret behind success in fmge is repeated revisions! I cannot express enough how much important it is to keep revising each subject at least 4 to 5 times .. This exam really tests the power of a student to recall whatever you've studied and also our ability to apply knowledge from multiple subjects to answer a single question.

7. Did you use a time table/study plan to keep your preparation on track?

Yes .. initially I had no study plans as such .. but in the final 3 months I was studying according to the test timetable of my Institute .. it really helped me complete the portions beforehand

8. List the most difficult and easiest subjects for you.

For me Microbiology , Pharmacology and surgery were difficult  .. rest were comparatively easier ..

9. One mistake that you believe everyone must avoid while preparing for FMGE

I would say avoid referring to multiple books for a single subject .. because it's not required .. reading textbooks during the last 6 months is a bad idea .. If anyone wishes to refer to additional books maybe they can go for review books .. but again it's not required actually.

10. Last tips for upcoming FMGE aspirants.

Joining a coaching center would be very helpful .. it would help you know what to study and what not to ..

The number of revisions you do is directly proportional to your chances of clearing this exam .. because this exam is all about your power to recall and retain whatever you've studied ..

Practice mcqs as it would help you apply your theoretical knowledge into cracking questions ..
Don't worry that the content you've prepared from the coaching notes is not enough .. because honestly I worried too but then realized it's more than enough when I attempted my exam

If you dont know an answer try the method of ruling out options to arrive at the correct answer.

11. Special thanks to any institute or group or person??

I thank my Institute and every institutes that are dedicated in making the lives of fmg's so much easier by guiding us on what to study .. and every medical post I've come across shared by medical pages like futuredoctorzz etc. from which I've learned a lot too .. and of course my family who's the reason I was motivated to study .. Thank you all  ^_^



Comments

Popular Posts